We are happy and proud to announce the availability of MLS Laser Therapy now at The Links Road Animal & Bird Clinic!
Your pets are part of your family and you want them to have the best quality of life. Laser therapy can help achieve that goal. Our Toronto clinic has the most advanced equipment on the market to deliver those results.
Best of all, it is safe to use on all of the unique species we treat at The Links Road Animal & Bird Clinic!
As the name suggests, the laser is used for therapy to treat anything from acute problems, like wounds, to chronic conditions, such as arthritis. MLS stands for Multiwave Locked System and this new therapy was developed to overcome the limitations of traditional laser therapy, based on the use of diode lasers. It synchronizes two traditional laser emissions: continuous laser emissions — effective in reducing inflammation, stimulating blood and lymphatic circulation and stimulating fast fluid re-absorption — with pulsed laser emission, which is effective in immediate pain relief. This allows for the quick and simultaneous treatment of pain, inflammation, edema (swelling) and superficial lesions all within a short treatment interval.
- Non-surgical treatment
- No patient sedation required
- Extremely safe with no side effects
- Can be effectively combined with other medications or arthritic treatments, many times allowing for lower doses of other medications
- Immediate results, with most patients feeling better in 12 to 24 hours after treatment
- Speeds healing process
What advantage does Laser Therapy have over other forms of therapy?
- Does not require the use of drugs or surgery
- Much fewer side effects or risks
- Quick and convenient
- Studies have shown that it is equal to or more effective than other forms of physical therapy
Conditions that can be improved include:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Back or Nerve Injuries
- Sprains and Soft Tissue Injuries
- Inflammation and Edema
- Wound and Self-Mutilation Healing